I decided to do another list!
My 5 favourite Terry Pratchett characters:
- Death – everyone loves Death. Seriously. He is the anthropomorphic personification of death on Discworld. Is fascinated by humans, and usually accompanied by the Death of Rats and Binky (his horse).
- Lord Havelock Vetinari – the very cool Patrician of Ankh-Morpork. Not to be crossed. One raised eyebrow from Vetinari and mountains move. Had a dog called Wuffles, and now has another dog called Mr Fusspot.
- Esmeralda Weatherwax – resident witch of Bad Ass (the name refers to a stubborn donkey), and the best witch on the Discworld. So good she’s almost a bad witch, except she won’t let herself be bad.
- Nanny Ogg – the “fun” witch. Fond of a drink and singing songs like The Hedgehog Can Never Be Buggered At All. Very good at speaking “foreign”. Hilarious, right until you remember she is still a witch.
- The Bursar – real name Dr Dinwiddie. Originally mostly insane and had a tendency to hallucinate. Takes many, many dried frog pills. Now hallucinates that he’s sane so acts relatively normal (except for the flying). Only eats with a wooden spoon.